Wednesday, August 8, 2012

June 25, 2012

Alright, So I reminded myself probably a thousand times this week and today to get the paper with the mission address on it and of course I still forgot it.

Elder McGarry said it would be alright if I stopped by the Cyber and paid a few pesos tomorrow and send you guys it, so Ill make sure to do that. I feel pretty dumb forgetting it!

This week was a pretty good week. Just a lot of teaching, which is good. We have a couple investigators who are showing some good progression, so were hoping and praying everything works out.

My first transfer is finished as of tomorrow! Which is pretty cool. We have a district meeting in Posades and we will find out if anything is getting changed with us at all. Elder McGarry and I expect to be here in Ituzaingo for one more transfer at least, but anything can happen, so I will make sure to let you know if I get a new companion or assigned to a new area, we don't expect it though. our district crushed our baptism and confirmation goal this transfer, President Haymen gave our district a goal of 12 people baptized and confirmed this month and as a district we had 17! So we were pretty excited about that.

My spanish is improving. I taught more in spanish this week then I have in the weeks passed and people are understanding me, so that is a good thing. I am pretty good at teaching our lessons and the doctrine because our MTC and mission language books have a lot of that stuff in them. I am still struggling with just being able to talk normally with someone, but i am sure that will improve with time. I've only been here for a little longer than a month, so I can't be to hard on myself yet. Improvement is being made though. Elder McGarry said my accent is really good, so that's good ha-ha.

Anyways the other night( Saturday) was pretty cool. I guess there was some Catholic saint from Ituzaingo along time ago, or someone from here that the Catholic people here celebrate. But what they do is they decorate the outside of their houses with a bunch of candles. Its also a cultural thing, not just a religious things. So it was kind of cool experience to be out teaching Saturday night and see all the houses lit up. Just something interesting I thought I would share.


Tonight we have a family home evening lessons with an inactive member and her daughters. Were also having another family from the ward join us. Were cooking for them again! Elder McGarry and I decided that a good tool to use because it worked so well last time. We hope to get her comfortable and excited about coming back to church and also talking to her daughter about baptism. Should go well!

I decided I love study time. We study for 4 hours a day! I definitely learn a lot and should know a ton about the scriptures by the end of the mission.

Tell everyone I love them and I am praying for them. I miss hanging out at the house with the family cooking Cane Asada for dinner! But, I am doing good here and loving it. Hope all is well with everyone! Love you and talk to you next week!

Elder Deniston

No comments:

Post a Comment