Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 15, 2012


Famalia!

 
Anyways, so right now it is pouringggg rain! We took a taxi to the Cyber because we would of just been drenched if we didn´t. I know I have mentioned the storms here quite a bit, but there are seriously insane. Thunder. Lightening. Wind. Rain. Hail. Everything. They are pretty cool, but at the same time they are not, because it makes working difficult.

 
Alright, I have news!

 
We received some new information that Hermana Haymen is doing better. She is still down in Buenos Aires and will at least being staying there for a couple more weeks, possibly longer. Presidente Haymen flew their daughter from the States to stay with her while she is in the hospital. Presidente said she is doing good and feeling fine, but that they are just going to keep her there until she makes a full recovery. Right now, President Haymen is running the mission alone. We actually have interviews with him this week but we have to do them over Skype this time because he currently isn´t able to drive out to Posades. So that will be kind of interesting. I will let you know more about that next week.

 
Currently we are working with Veronica! Her mother is a member but has been in-active for a while so we have been working on getting her re-activated as well as teaching Veronica. We have taught her all of the lessons and she expressed to us that she feels the Spirit when she reads the Book of Mormon and when she prays regarding the things we have been teaching her. She told us last night that she wants to wait a little bit longer before getting baptized because she wants to learn a little bit more. We taught her that they way to know that everything that we have taught her is true is through The Book of Mormon and through prayers. We invited her again to pray and sincerely ask if the message of the restored gospel is true and to ask if the Book of Mormon is true. We taught her that the good feelings she has been feeling is Spirit testifying of truth and that through this form she is going to receive her answer. We have some more lessons with her this week so I will keep updated!

 
We also have some other investigators progressing but right now Veronica is the closest to getting baptized, so I will update you guys on our other investigators if they continue to progress.

 
I am getting better at speaking! My missionary vocabulary is good and I able to teach all of the lessons confidently, so that is good. I am still studying grammar and just how certain things work. Sometimes is a pain and I have a head about times a week, but I am learning pretty quickly, so that is also good! The language has been a steady learning progress, but I am confident that it will continue to improve and that I will only continue to get better, so I am not too worried about it! Still studying and working hard though!

 
This week a bought a real alligator head! The Cyber we are at today won’t let me send pictures so you guys will have to wait until next week to see it! It is about the size of my palm and they put marbles in for its eyes! I am pretty excited about it ha-ha.
 

Well, other than that nothing to new going on. Have some good people progressing and are looking forward to the next few weeks! I will keep you guys posted on what happens. I love you all and will hear from you next week!

 
Elder Deniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment