Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 5, 2012

Hola!
 
Awesome photos! Stoked for Devin and Nathan and Otto looked legit in his pumpkin costume! Sounded like Halloween was a fun time. They don´t really celebrate Halloween here ha-ha. Some of the stores and what not had fake cobwebs and spiders for decoration but that´s about it. No trick-or-treating or parties or any of that stuff.
 
This week was pretty good, other than the fact that I feel kind of sick right now :/ I am not sure why, but I am sure it will go away soon. It´s nothing serious, just a cold I believe, but it definitely isn´t fun.
We had 3 more baptism’s this last Monday! The family Gomez-Perrea had their baptism and it was probably the coolest baptism I have had yet on the mission. They all good of course, but it was cool to see Hermano Gomez-Perrea baptize his wife and two kids. Definitely a spiritual experience. He bore his testimony this last Sunday about the baptism and his family and what not, was really cool. So that was awesome!
 
Elder McGarry left for his house Wednesday and I am now with Elder Child from Utah and we are still in Ituzaingo! I thought Elder McGarry spoke well but this kid speaks Spanish just as well as he speaks English. So I feel I am going to learn a lot from him. So that will be good. He has a couple more transfers then me and he knows Elder Gallardo, so that is pretty cool. He was in Formosa before coming here and the missionaries in Formosa literally all have baptism´s each week. Mainly because all of Formosa is pretty poor and the people there are just prepared and ready to join the gospel. But I say this because he still has that go get em` attitude to baptize each week, which is good! Corrientes is a little different and there aren´t as many baptisms here, but we are going to work hard and have success here!
Oh also, new rule. No English! Elder McGarry liked to speak English, and although I learned a ton from him, it´s obviously better to just speak Spanish. So for the next year and half only Spanish! In the apartment, on divisions, P-days, everything! Only Spanish.

Elder Child is pretty cool and I get along with him so far, I have a feeling we are only going to be together and here for this next transfer because all the members say that during the middle of December is when the Elders leave and the Sisters come in. Because that is when all the tourists start rolling in to use the beaches!
 
I am kind of wanting to get transferred and see some other parts of the mission ha-ha, because I have been here alonggggg time! But it´s all good, because Ituzaingo is pretty cool. We will see what happens next transfer!
 
Other than this not much going on! Elder McGarry and I kind of got into a routine of how we spent our P-days and it´s probably going to change a little bit now that I am with Elder Child, so I am not too sure when we will be writing each week! I know that Elder Child likes to write earlier in the day and Elder McGarry liked to write later in the day, so just make sure to have your letters out Sunday night still!
I love you all and am going to try to send some photos now! Have e a great week and I will write more next week!. :)
 
Elder Deniston

 

No comments:

Post a Comment