Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 10, 2012

Famalia,

A lot of stuff happened this week! First, Elder Di Giovanni called a conference on Wednesday with our part of the mission so we had to travel to Posades for that. It was a really good conference. Elder Di Giovanni is from Buenos Aires and basically just wanted to get to know us and explain everything that is happening with the mission and with Pres. Haymen and Hermana Haymen. As of this moment, President Haymen will not be being released as President. Elder Di Giovanni has not been set apart as the president but will be in charge for this period of time until President Haymen returns. Thats pretty much the news! It was a really spiritual conference and I think he will do a good job running the mission! He was a mission president before so we are in good hands.

Other big news is the baptisms! We spent all week preparing for Naomi Galarza´s and Maria Ojeda´s baptism and they went well! A lot of the members came out and the baptismal service was a good one, so we are content about that! Naomi and Maria are both really happy about everything and are glad to have joined the church! So all is well there! It was kind of funny because Saturday was Dia de la Virgin, so why all of the Catholics with celebrating the Virgin Mary we were having baptisms!

This week is transfers and I am almost 100% positive that I am leaving ha-ha. I will let you guys know what happens next week! But there is a good chance I could be writing you guys from a different part of Argentina next week. I am kind of excited to see what happens. I will make sure to update you guys! If I do get transferred this means I will be spending my first day in my new area with my new companion on my birthday ha-ha. All of the missionaries say the birthday on the mission is just another day of work ha-ha, so I don’t expect there will too much celebrating. But that’s the mission!  I am excited to receive those packages also! Looking forward to whatever you guys sent!

Glad to hear everything is good up North with the family! I am excited to receive some Christmas photos from everyone in the next few weeks! To answer the question about Christmas, they do put up Christmas lights and have Christmas trees here. They also love Santa Clause ha-ha. A lot of the markets and houses have a Santa Clause that is sweating and drinking a cold Coke ha-ha.

Well that’s pretty much it for this week! I will keep you guys updated with what happens with transfers. Love you all and will write more next week. :)

Elder Deniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment