Friday, March 8, 2013

March 4, 2013

Hola familia!

Primero, hay mucho cambios y tango mucho para decirles, entonces tiene que prestar atención! No estoy en Oberà, Misiones mas! Tuvimos cambios y ahora tengo nuevo todo!

I wasn´t expecting to see so many changes this transfer but everything got split up, so I have a lot of stuff to tell you. Big news first, I am now in San Martin, Chaco! I think president saw that I have been in two really nice, green areas with a lot of tourism for almost a year and decided I needed to see the other side of the mission haha. I say that because San Martin is a small city about two hours from Resistencia in the middle of nowhere haha. It´s super dry, hot, flat, and brown haha. I arrived last Wednesday night and am still getting to know the area and all the members and our investigators, so I will know a little bit more about the place in the future.

There is a branch here and right now it´s not in the best of condition, so we have a lot of work to do! Currently we don´t have a branch president and one of the members is "in charge" of the branch, but hasn´t been set apart as president. I believe they plan on calling one of the members soon or having someone move here to be president, I will let you guys know more about it when I know more about it. There is about 25 active members and this last Sunday there was 14 people at church because it was pouring rain. So there is a lot of work that needs to be done to strengthen the branch. But I have a lot of excitement to help and I feel that we can do a lot of good here with the branch with the missionary work, so I plan on seeing success!

I am now Senior Companion and am with Elder White from Seattle, Washington! He´s a little different, but he is a good missionary and I think we will work well together. He has 4 months left in the mission and has been junior companion the entire mission. He´s kind of quite and shy and still improving with his peoples skill´s. But he´s a good kid and knows how to teach well. So i´m just trying to pump a little bit of excitement into the companionship and into the branch. I´ve gotten to the point where I have a good understanding of what needs to be done to see success with the missionary work and what needs to be done to help the branch. So I´m stoked president Haymen bounced me up to MA1 and have a desire to turn things around a little bit in San Martin.

The good news is we have people that have a lot of potential to progress. This last week we visited a lot of the investigators Elder White had with Elder Thomas and we had really good lessons with them and put baptismal dates with a lot of them, so I hoping to see some baptism's before the end of the month. Also the members here have a desire to help with missionary work, which is always a big blessing. We have a missionary here that recently returned from the mission in Brazil and other missionary that will be returning tomorrow from the mission in Brazil also. It´s possible that one of them will be branch president, but we will. We also have a member that is preparing to leave for the mission and wanting to help us a ton. So there is a ton of potential here, we just have to organize things a little bit and start working. I know if we do our part the Lord will do his.

Other news that I wasn´t to happy about is that President Haymen closed our area in Oberá! I´m not sure why, but I just feel bad for our converts and all the members and investigators. There is still one companion there, just now they have their area and our area. It´s kind of crazy, 3 months ago there was 6 missionaries in Oberá and now there is only 2. But I think it may have something to do with the new mission being made. I´m sure when they divide the mission the providence of Misiones will have a lot more missionaries and all of the areas that have recently been closed with get new missionaries. I´m sure they will be opening new areas in Misiones also. But we will see. Another rumor is that president transferred all of the elders he wants in the Resistencia Mision out of Misiones, but that´s just a rumor, so don´t quote me on that. I am sure the Lord knows very well what he is doing with the Church here in this part of Argentina and we just have to go with the flow and trust in Him and keep working!

Other news is that tomorrow is the Mission Conference! I am pretty dang excited haha. It´s pretty rare to have a conference with all of the missionaries together so I am sure it is going to be really good. And now I only have to travel 2 hours to Resistencia, instead of 12. But I am excited to see Elder Child and Elder Bowhill and Elder Gallardo all of the elders from the MTC. I am going to be taking a ton of photos so be expecting to receive a lot next week. We actually have to leave tonight and will be staying with our Zone Leaders, so I am pretty dang excited! I´m sure we are going to here a lot about what will be happening with the new mission and how it is going to effect us. So I will make sure to let you guys knows how it goes next week.


Other then that things are good! Just getting to know my new area and getting along with Elder White. I´m excited to be here and am ready to get working. There is a lot to be done! But I have a desire baptize and to leave the branch better then I found it! So it will be an interesting next few months or so! Glad to hear everything is good at home! Tell everyone in the family I say hi! I love you all and will write more next week!

Elder Deniston. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment