Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 20, 2013


Hola Familia!
Cool news about Dad! I´m kind of confused exactly at what it is to be honest. Is it just a permanent route that he has with a company? Or are different companies paying him to deliver bread? I´m slightly confused because you guys said it´s a route, and it´s a company. So fill me in on the info with that! I will be praying that all goes well with that.
Exciting news that seminary and classes end soon! Now you will have some time to wind down and hangout with all the grand kids in the pool. Summer is always a good time with the family!
Bueno, as for news from me nothing to crazy this week. Just a lot of rain and mud and overcast skies. This week was a little slower because it was Elder McMurray´s last week but it still wasn´t to bad. We´ve been on the look out for new investigators. We have been doing really well the past month or so with baptism´s and if all goes well we will be having another one this weekend or the following. After that we only have a hand full of people that are progressing, so we´ve been doing all we can to find some new people that are waiting to hear the gospel.
This week is transfers! So it will be an interesting week because I already know I am getting a new companion. Also this is the big transfer where everything will be finalized between our mission and the new mission in Posadas. So it´s kind a of big transfer for the mission. I will make sure to let you guys know what happens next Monday!
Elder McMurray is excited to see his family and to visit his old areas in the mission. There are some upsides and downsides to killing a missionary (missionary term for when a missionary has to be with another missionary his last transfer haha.), one of the upsides is that they leave a lot of stuff behind. When Elder McGarry went home he left me some cool stuff and Elder McMurray will also be leaving some useful stuff. So I am excited for that.
This last Sunday Bishop came up to me five minutes before the sacrament meeting started and told me that one of the members who was going to speak wasn´t there and asked if I could fill up the time! Elder McMurray was already speaking because it was his last Sunday in the mission so he thought I could just join him. It wasn´t the first time I had to give a talk with five minutes to prepare in the mission so it didn´t turn out to bad. I actually enjoy giving talks, but I do like to have a little time to prepare.
Oh also, today I received an e-mail from Elder McGarry (my trainer) and he told me that he is down in California from Utah. He had a companion that is from Murrieta so he is going to visit him and he said he wants to stop by the house in Lake Elsinore to visit you guys to. He asked for the address so I gave it to him, so you guys might be receiving a visit. Just thought I would let you know!
Other then that nothing to new to share! Next Monday will be a little more interesting because I will have a new companion! I´m going to wrap this one up and send some photos! I love you all and am always praying that all is well back home! Will write more next Monday.
Chau! :)
Elder Deniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment