Friday, May 10, 2013

May 6, 2013

Hola Familia,
We had a good week here in Resistencia. Nothing to out of the ordinary happened but we still had a good week!
This last Tuesday we had some really, really bad rain. Some of the streets looked like rivers. We had a district meeting and a couple elders arrived late because they had to help push an ambulance out of a flooded street. They were most then waste deep in water, just to give you guys a good idea of how bad it was. I took some videos but I think they are to large of files to send over.
This last Thursday and Friday I did divisions with our zone leaders, so I was in the area Alberdi for a couple days. It´s a really rich area and supposedly one of the harder areas in the mission. but it was still cool to see something a little different. It was pretty cool because Elder McGarray (my trainer) was in this area for a few months a year or so ago and I got to meet some families that he re-activated. Was pretty cool to hear them talk about how he helped them back to the church.
Other then that I´m kind of drawing blanks on what happened this week! We just worked a ton and taught a lot of lessons. This next week should be a lot more exciting because we are planning another baptism for Saturday! So I am sure I will have some exciting news for you guys next week.
We are having a Mormon Helping Hands service project this coming Saturday morning with the stake and we might get to go help out. I´m looking forward to that because service projects are always a good time. I´ve yet to do Helping Hands project either because the last time they had one I was in Ituzaing√≥ and they had it in Posadas and we didn´t want to make the travel. So that should be a cool experience. I´ll make sure to snap some photos.
Elder McMurray is in a want-to-go-home/don't-want-to-go-home mood haha. He is happy though because we´ve been working really hard lately and have baptisms planned for his last two weeks here, so that is pretty exciting. We have Javier that will be getting baptized this Saturday and also a women named Neli that will be getting baptized the following Saturday. We´re excited for both of them but especially for Neli. She has been going to church for the last two years and all of the elders have tried to baptize her but she was never able to get married for one reason or another. But, recently she has completed all of her paper work and what not and has a date schedule to get married. The following Wednesday I believe it is. The Relief Society here are planning a little celebration for her and the Saturdy after she will be getting baptized! So we´ve been working with her lately making sure she knows everything and is prepared. So that is exciting news.
I´ve slowly been buying thing to complete my Gaucho outfit which I am pretty dang excited for! When I have everything I want I will make sure to send a photo over. So far it´s turning out really good but I still need a few things. I started purchasing all the things back in Ituzaing√≥, so it´s been a project in the making.
Yesterday afternoon Boca and River played. It´s basically the Super Bowl here in Argentina. For a god two hours we tried to visit some people and try to find some new investigators but had absolutely zero success haha. Wasn´t to good of a time. We did know when one of them teams scored because everyone comes outside and launches off bottle-rockets to celebrate a goal. It´s pretty crazy.
Next Sunday I get to call home for Mother´s Day! I am going to call at 6:00 P.M. my time, so that would be 2:00 P.M. California time. I am going to call Mom´s cell phone and if for some reason that doesn´t work I will call the house phone. BE READY! I can talk for 45 minutes.
That´s pretty much all of the exciting things I can think of for now! I am excited to talk next Sunday. Looking forward to it!
I don´t have much time left so I wont be able to get some photos over this week but I will make sure to send a lot next week. Please save all of the photos I send in a file on the computer. I hope you guys have already been doing that!
Alright, have to wrap this one up. Love you all and will talk to you soon!
Chau! :)
Elder Deniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment