Saturday, August 31, 2013

July 1, 2013



Mom I am proud of  your technology skills haha. You have progressed! I remember when you didn`t know how to send a text message haha. 

Glad to hear the good news from home. Looks like everyone is enjoying summer! Paul Bunyan Music Festival, Fishing in Montana, Disney Aladdin, family reunions. Glad to hear everyone is doing something fun!

Funny you mentioned the elder that had to give talks last minute haha. It happened to me again this Sunday haha. I`ve gotten use to it now. I am thinking about writing a few talks just to have ready when I am asked, would probably be a good idea. 

Exciting about Dad`s new job! I want to see the truck! Does Dad have his own building? Where he stores his truck and works? Something like that. Let me know. 

Send me a photo of Tyler`s scar! I want to see it!

Bueno, voy a decirles un poco sobre lo que esta pasando con nosotros! Tuvimos una semana muy buena esta semana. Uno de mis semanas mas exitoso que he tenido en la misión. 

This last week was really good for us! We had a lot of success. I was super happy because after a long week of preparing everyone to come to church we had 8 investigators at church!  This is a high number of attendance for our mission! So I was super happy for that. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and we are preparing a lot of people for baptism in July. It`s building up to be a successful month. So I am excited. We just have to keep working with the diligence we have now. 

I will share some cool experience that happened this last week. 

We decided to do a fast as a zone. We fasted Thursday after lunch until Friday and fasted to find more people that are prepared to receive the gospel now. It worked haha. Friday Elder Ortix and I had our most successful day yet here in Saenz Peña. We received a reference from a member to visit a family and I`m really hoping they progress! So far everything is going really well them. There last name is Martinez and they are a family of 10, I believe, total. They recently moved here and Brother Martinez told us that he wanted to start going to a church when they arrived. His wife we haven`t met yet because she had a baby last week and has been in the hospital recovering. He went and talked with her and told her we passed by and told us that she wants to listen and they both want the kids to learn about God. They weren`t able to come to church because they had to go to the hospital but said they are going to come next week. So pray for them that everything works out. I am excited to start teaching them. We`ve already talked about baptism and they have the desire but want to learn about the Church first. 

The same day we had a lesson with one of investigadores named Marcelino. His son is the second counselor in the branch presidency. He has cancer and has been traveling back and forth to Resistencia to have operations so he has been progressing, but slowly. We taught him the Book of Mormon and it went really well. But, the coolest part of the lesson was the prayer. He has said prayers before in our lessons but this time he had a very strong experience with the Spirit. When we finished the lesson we asked him to end with the prayer and he kept refusing and didn`t want to do. But we kept persisting until he did. He offered a very short, simple, but sincere prayer and it was like God shot an arrow of the Spirit right through his heart haha. He said, "Heavenly Father, I thank thee for my family, I ask thee that I can help them, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." When he said "I ask thee that I can help them" he wept. It was difficult for him to finish. It was literally like if there is an on/off switch for the Spirit and someone flicked it on. He seemed kind of frightened or overwhelmed but what happened, he didn`t know how to react or he didn`t know what it was. His son was with us and he helped him to understand that it was the Spirit. Was a really good lesson and he came to church Sunday for the first time in a long time. So we are really content with that. His wife came as well. 

Those are a few cool stories from the week I thought I would share!

This week is transfers but nothing is going to happen with us because I have to finish training Elder Ortiz. I am excited because this Friday we have another multi-zone conference in Resistencia. Will be a good learning experience. I will let you know how it goes. 

Going to finish this up and get photos over! Thanks for the 50.00 bucks! Will be put to good us. :) Love you all and will write more next week! Que tenga una buena semana. 

Elder Deniston. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment