Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2102


Familyyyy,

 

Nice to hear from you guys. Important news first!

 

We just received a letter from President Haymen saying that they are currently in Arizona where Hermana Haymen can have better recovery. As a result a Seventy, Nicolas Di Giovanni, and his wife are currently here directing everything in the mission. President Haymen informed us that he has not been released as President so we are not sure exactly what is going to happen in the future. They could return, but as this point, personally, I don’t think it is going to happen. I am not sure if he has updated his blog or if there is another place where you guys can get information. But all we know right now that as of today Presidente Di Giovanni is running the mission.

 

Other news, we have more baptisms this week! One of the members here, Alberto Ojeda, just got married a few months ago and we have been teaching his wife and she is ready for her baptism. Also, we found another investigator 3 weeks ago named Naomi. She also will be baptized this week. It was pretty cool. She didn´t have any obstacles or anything keeping her from being baptized. We found her, taught her everything, she received an answer to the gospel through prayer, she started coming to church, made friends and just progressed perfectly. She was prepared to receive the gospel and had the desire to join the church. A golden investigator. So the branch here is excited about that!

Those are the two bigs things going on right now! I kind of wish we had a little bit more information about President Haymen and what is going to happen, but right now were just kind of waiting to hear if he is going to be released or not. So I will keep you guys updated.

 

Other than that things are normal. Still working hard and dying in the heat here ha-ha. It is literally impressive how hot and humid it is here. To be honest, it’s kind of difficult to get into the Christmas Spirit because it’s so different from the December´s I know back home. But things are good and we are still working hard.

 

I am getting kind of anxious about what is going to happen next week with transfers ha-ha. We have this week and then the following week we have transfers on Wednesday and I want to know what is going to happen! I want to say that I have a good feeling that I am leaving Ituzaing√≥, but that’s what I said for the last transfer, and the transfer before that, so we will just have to wait and see!

Sounds good about the packages! I am excited to get them. Thank you!

 

Oh mom, to answer your question from last week. They do have Ciesta here. The entire town is dead from about 2-5. Everyone just passes out after lunch, it even worse during verano because it’s hot and nobody wants to anything but sleep inside with the AC blasting. I thought I told you guys that earlier, but I can’t remember. It sucks for missionary work; we usually don’t have too much success during Ciesta. But what can you do? That’s the culture here.

 

Alright, have to wrap this one up now! I don’t have time to send photos off today but I will try to next week! Love you all and will write more next week.

 

Elder Deniston.

No comments:

Post a Comment